This property is not currently For Sale or Rent on chadwickrealestate.com.au
Built in 1929 and offered for the first time in nearly 28 years, resplendent ‘Somerset’ is a magnificent double brick Tudor-style mansion on approx. 3,541sqm of sweeping park-like gardens featuring a north rear aspect in a premium north side location.
The property is set behind a wide privately screened 49m frontage with circular driveway and porte-cochere which draws you into a grand foyer leading through to substantial formal and informal living areas showcasing high ceilings, arched leadlight windows, polished floorboards, majestic fireplaces and exquisite cabinetry.
Up to six bedrooms are provided, including a parents’ wing with nursery and ensuite plus optional home office/6th bedroom with separate access, while the palatial gardens comprise manicured level lawns, a championship tennis court and oversized in-ground swimming pool with impressively appointed entertainers’ pool house with a sauna.
Located just 1km from Warrawee Station, 650m to Warrawee Public School and 1.3km from Wahroonga Village/Station. This extraordinary property presents a once-in-a-generation opportunity to restore and/or graciously enhance what is unquestionably one of the area’s finest historic homes.
– Spacious formal living and dining, open plan family room and casual meals
– L-shaped kitchen with functioning appliances, breakfast bar and plenty of cupboard space
– Large bedrooms, master has nursery and ensuite; two bedrooms share a study/playroom
– Versatile downstairs rumpus/billiards room and office or 6th bed with private entry
– Original bathrooms with Art Deco flourishes and separate internal laundry
– Abundant natural light, split system air-conditioning, gas heating and stately fireplaces
– Sumptuous gardens with manicured lawns, tennis court and substantial swimming pool
– Lengthy verandah elevated at the rear overlooking the gardens and pool area
– Spacious pool house featuring a wet bar area, large sauna and bathroom
– Under house storage/cellar and auto lock-up garage plus additional parking
– Situated just 800m from Knox Grammar & 900m from Abbotsleigh School
The wellbeing of our employees and clients is first and foremost and we adhere to the most recent Government regulations during the period of COVID-19. For more details on our current Property Inspection Policy for Sale and Rental Properties please visit link provided https://bit.ly/2UxSwYC