Historical Residence of Grand Proportions and Romantic Elegance
‘Aleuria’ circa 1928 is a truly unique offering within an exclusive Wahroonga historically significant enclave. The original family home of renowned architect Charles Bruce Dellit, acclaimed for his design of Hyde Park’s ‘Anzac Memorial’, is representative of an exquisite example of the Inter-War Mediterranean movement and one of the few remaining homes of its kind in the area. Meticulously maintained whilst preserving all the ambience of its rich Italian Renaissance-style pedigree, it is on the market for the first time in more than 25 years.
Tucked away on a 1853sqm northerly parcel with picturesque district views, its symmetrical faÃ§ade and double brick construction gives way to a stunning loggia from which guests are welcomed to a residence of timeless beauty with imposing circular arches, ornate columns and grand-scale family living.
A rare landholding with enormous potential to further capitalise, its prime locale one kilometre to Warrawee station and close to Abbotsleigh and Knox Grammar village shops and Warrawee PS.
• Entrance of impression perfect symmetry with tapered columns of the Ionic order
• Undoubtedly the most remarkable aspect of the home, the formal living room features three sets of French doors topped by semi-circular fanlights
• Stunning leafy views, Italian Renaissance-style fireplace and soaring 4.42 ceilings with rafted timber detailing
• Large formal dining room with original fireplace, country-style kitchen with quality Miele stainless steel appliances and open plan meals area, parquetry flooring
• Lower-level family entertaining area and library was the original ballroom and dance floor where Dellit hosted numerous gatherings and parties
• Sandstone terrace, secluded in-ground pool and low maintenance gardens extend to a half-size tennis court
• Original bathrooms, including guest, ensuite to main bedroom, main bedroom, ensuite to a downstairs separate bedroom, originally a maid’s room
• Oversize laundry with three entrances and easy access to rear clothes line
• Auto lock-up garage with additional off-street parking for approximately 6 cars, and opportunity to use original drive-through driveway.