This property is not currently For Sale or Rent on chadwickrealestate.com.au
A truly unique offering within an exclusive Wahroonga enclave, ‘Malto Ende’ circa 1901 is a brilliant showcase of refined character and stately grandeur. At one time the boarding house of ‘Eldinhope School for Girls’ and later part of the Knox Grammar School estate, the rich sense of history and character remain at the heart of this family home. Lovingly restored and renovated in keeping with its Federation pedigree, it is on the market for the first time in a generation.
Nestled within lush manicured gardens, the home offers grand living spaces, sandstone-framed North/South tennis court and 14m heated in-ground pool. It is the ultimate family sanctuary within close proximity to Wahroonga station, village shops and elite schools.
With a commanding facade and grand circular driveway, the property enjoys an exceptional landholding, poised on a magnificent 2,595sqm (approx.) private parcel with access via Lochville Street.
Within the home there is an intimate selection of accommodation options perfectly tailored for growing and extended families. Enhanced by flawlessly interconnected indoor/outdoor entertaining, a secluded guest or potential in-law wing with private entry plus a multitude of intimate alfresco zones, this luxuriously appointed double brick character estate awaits a new family to make it their home.
• Expansive family living with original wood fireplace, soaring high timber-clad ceilings and French doors to alfresco dining
• Formal lounge with adjoining music room and separate banquet-sized dining both with decorative pressed metal ceilings
• Chef’s kitchen with marble island bench, AGA gas-fired oven and cooktop, butler’s pantry and French Herbeau tapware
• Five wonderfully oversized upper-level bedrooms all with Kauri Pine timber floors and high ceilings
• Master with private balcony, walk-in robes, deluxe limestone ensuite with under-floor heating and separate bathtub and shower
• Second bedroom with adjoining home office/dressing room or potential second ensuite
• Generous guest/in-law wing with enormous bedroom/living space, art studio, bathroom and entertainer’s balcony overlooking pool
• Covered north-facing entertaining deck with views across to the full size tennis court and lush established gardens
• Sandstone barbecue terrace and private gas-heated swimming pool with sandstone surrounds and Camellia hedging
• Loft/home office, under-house storage, double lock-up garage with internal entry plus abundant off-street parking
• Ducted gas heating and reverse cycle air conditioning, six original fireplaces, leadlight windows and statement chandelier lighting
• Close proximity to the station, boutique shops and cafÃ©s, Abbotsleigh, Knox Grammar and the ‘Bush School’